Telephone: 02380599599 (Available 24/7)
George Thomas Building (B37)
University of Southampton
If you are struggling, the Student Support Hub is a good point of first contact to access university support. They can answer questions about fees, financial support, accomodation, visas, careers, and wellbeing. They can also signpost to more specific support.
Email contact: email@example.com.
Phone contact: 02380 599 599 and press option 2.
You can make an appointment with First Support by emailing them.
First Support is for students facing serious difficulties such as mental health, suicidal thoughts, bereavement, harassment, financial crisis, and substance abuse. If you're unsure if they can help you, it is always better to reach out and see.
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone contact: +44(0)23 8059 9599 and selectoption 3 for Enabling Services.
In general, Enabling Services help students who have disabilities or long term conditions that might require accomodations from the university, students who have mental health conditions and require support, and students who require help with study skills.
If you think you might need Enabling Services' help, but aren't sure if there's anything they can do or if it falls under what they can help with, you can ask your Welfare Officers and they will help you navigate Enabling.
Telephone: 02380 598 180
From the website:
Below are some examples of the ways in which Student Life are able to help you:
- Helping you settle into university life
- Supporting your wellbeing whilst you study
- Providing support to individuals and groups in the event of an emergency or problem
- Signposting and referring you to services, both internal and external, when you need additional support
- Proactively promoting a healthy, safe and enjoyable university experience
- Hosting a range of events to support an active student community and enhance the student experience
- Encourage the development of life skills for students to aid with university life and beyond
Please be advised that the Student Life team are not a replacement for the emergency services, and are not trained to solve problems relating to emergency health or safety. In these situations the appropriate emergency service should be contacted.
Phone: 023 8059 2085