University Support Available

Student Support Hub


Telephone: 02380599599 (Available 24/7)

Online Chat (Available 24/7) Here

George Thomas Building (B37)
University of Southampton
University Road
SO17 1BJ

If you are struggling, the Student Support Hub is a good point of first contact to access university support. They can answer questions about fees, financial support, accomodation, visas, careers, and wellbeing. They can also signpost to more specific support.

First Support

Email contact:

Phone contact:  02380 599 599 and press option 2. 


You can make an appointment with First Support by emailing them.

First Support is for students facing serious difficulties such as mental health, suicidal thoughts, bereavement, harassment, financial crisis, and substance abuse. If you're unsure if they can help you, it is always better to reach out and see.

Enabling Services

Email contact: 

Phone contact:  +44(0)23 8059 9599 and selectoption 3 for Enabling Services.

In general, Enabling Services help students who have disabilities or long term conditions that might require accomodations from the university, students who have mental health conditions and require support, and students who require help with study skills.

Read about the services Enabling can provide and how to access them here.

If you think you might need Enabling Services' help, but aren't sure if there's anything they can do or if it falls under what they can help with, you can ask your Welfare Officers and they will help you navigate Enabling.

Student Life Team


Telephone:  02380 598 180

Web address:

From the website: 

Below are some examples of the ways in which Student Life are able to help you:

  • Helping you settle into university life
  • Supporting your wellbeing whilst you study
  • Providing support to individuals and groups in the event of an emergency or problem
  • Signposting and referring you to services, both internal and external, when you need additional support
  • Proactively promoting a healthy, safe and enjoyable university experience
  • Hosting a range of events to support an active student community and enhance the student experience
  • Encourage the development of life skills for students to aid with university life and beyond

Please be advised that the Student Life team are not a replacement for the emergency services, and are not trained to solve problems relating to emergency health or safety. In these situations the appropriate emergency service should be contacted.

SUSU Advice Centre


Phone:  023 8059 2085


The SUSU Advice Centre website has guides about academic, financial, and housing issues. They can also signpost to health and wellbeing support, and answer any questions you have that aren't addressed in the guides.

If you want to appeal your results or an academic decision made this term, you can access the Appeals Hub for support here.


Exit quickly